Telemedicine App Development Guide: Benefits, Technologies & Features To Watch Out
While today there seems to be a big push for telemedicine, here are some of the reasons why experts believe that Telemedicine is here to stay
- Easy Accessibility to Healthcare
- Enhancing the Efficiency of Medicines
- Increases Cost-Efficiency of Medical Services
- Increased Development in the Field of Healthcare
Mindbowser offers end to end Telemedicine App Development
Leading Tech Stacks Used for Telehealth App Development
- Electronic Health Records (EHRs)
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
- Cloud-Based Server Solutions
- Integrations with HealthKits
- Cloud Backend
Free AWS infrastructure audit for compliance and optimization
Technologies Used in Telemedicine App Development
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Virtual Reality (VR)
- Augmented Reality (AR)
- Voice Search
Challenges Faced During App Development
- Identifying the target audience and their needs
- Determining the level of functionalities
- Choosing a technology stack for your app
- Finding the right balance between features and a good user experience
- Deploying secure authentication and data encryption systems
Learn more about app architecture that supports a billion users
Telemedicine and HIPAA Compliance
- Only authorized users must be given access to ePHI
- A secure communications system must be established to protect the integrity of ePHI
- Systems containing ePHI must be monitored to prevent accidental or malicious breaches
Features That You Must Have in a Telehealth App
- Choose a multi-platform approach for your app. If your app runs smoothly on iOS, Android, and web browsers, the number of users of your app will significantly increase.
- It is vital to have a robust app interface that offers a great user experience. Do not overload your app with too many features as it sacrifices user experience.
- Integrate your app with wearable devices. The features of the app would complement the device. Therefore, it provides a functional and practical experience to the user.
- Implement robust security algorithms to ensure the protection of health information and patient privacy.
- Ensure that you have a feature to get patient feedback on the app. This will help you make incremental changes to your app and improve its quality over time.